The Role of the Governing Body at Dr Triplett's School
The Governing Body is responsible for ensuring that Dr Triplett's is run to promote the best interests of its pupils. Its duties include:
- setting strategic direction and objectives
- determining, monitoring and keeping under review the broad policies, plans and procedures within which the school operates
- approving the school budget and School Development Plan, which sets the School’s priorities each year
- reviewing progress against the School's budget and objectives
- appointing, challenging and supporting the Headteacher.
The School creates a School Development Plan by consulting staff, governors, parents and other stakeholders such as the Diocese and local community. The Governing Body reviews the progress against the School’s objectives by monitoring this plan.
All Governors have equal status, and although appointed by different groups our overriding concern will be for the welfare of the School as a whole. We have no legal authority to act individually, except when the Governing Body has given us delegated authority to do so.
The full Governing Body meets twice a term. Some of the Governing Body’s decisions are based on the advice of committees that deal with specific areas such as the School's curriculum & achievement, premises, finances, personnel and pupil issues, and communication with all stakeholders.
From 1st December 2014 the Governing Body is made up of:
- Two parent governors (elected by parents)
- One staff governor (elected by school staff)
- One local community governor
- The Headteacher
- Seven foundation governors
- The chief officiating minister of the Parish of St Mary, Hayes (ex-officio)
- Two Hillingdon Deanery Synod nominees
- Two London Diocesan Board for Schools nominees
- Two PCC St Mary Hayes nominees
Other Associate Members are also appointed from time to time.
Please email the Governors directly if you have any comments or questions:
The Governing Body Category of governor
Mrs. R. Anderson Headteacher Ex-Officio
Miss T Shaw Staff
Mr. O. Adebayo Parent
Ms. P. Gaillard Parent
Mrs. H. Dimmock (Chair) LDBS (Foundation)
Mrs.J. Fox PCC (Foundation)
Mr. A. Lambert PCC (Foundation)
Ms J Gova Local Authority
Mrs S Vaughan Deanery Synod (Foundation)
Mrs. J. Murray Deanery Synod (Foundation)
Mr. A. Terry (Vice Chair) LDBS (Foundation)
Father N Wheeler Ex-Officio
Mrs F Johns Clerk
Miss S Long Treasurer
Publication of Governor details
Annual Governance Statement 2018